Friday, June 26, 2015

Stephen Foster Recap

Note: I appologize for the lateness of this post. I meant to do this the Sunday after the race, however a stablemate to the winner Noble Moon broke down in the Plate Trial. Thus out of respect I waited and then forgot until I was out of state for a long scheduled vacation. Thus I'm doing this now.

John Oxley's Noble Bird (Birdstone) took the lead in the stretch and held of Lea (First Samurai) to win the June 13th, Stephen Foster Handicap. Hoppertunity (Any Given Saturday) was third. Shaun Bridgemohan rode the winner for trainer Mark Casse.

 

The winner is out of the mare Anyhow (Tiznow) and bred by Jack Swain. His record is 10 starts with 4 wins, 3 seconds and 0 thirds with earnings of $531,278.

Noble Bird has now earned his spot into this year's Classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment